Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
INSIDE THE DRAGON KINGDOM
Few destinations throughout history have generated the stir of anticipation among travelers worldwide that Bhutan created when it tentatively cracked its door ajar in the 1970s. On this definitive Bhutan tour, explore its main fortresses, make the pilgrimage to iconic Taktshang Monastery, walk through remote villages and delve into the philosophical underpinnings of Mahayana Buddhism. We invite you to seize the day and experience the joy and ease of a society whose legacy is in passing the art of smiling from generation to generation.
BHUTAN GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Tour iconic monasteries and dzongs (Bhutanese monastery fortresses)
- Step into the shoes of a rice farmer as you witness day-to-day rural life
- Make a pilgrimage to the striking Tiger's Nest Monastery
- Learn about Bhutan's complex history at the National Museum and Folk Heritage Museum
- Visit a traditional fertility shrine, popular with young Bhutanese couples
- Get acquainted with Bhutan's quixotic national animal, the moose-like Takin
- Tour with an expert on Bhutanese history and culture