Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
THE WILD JUNGLES OF BORNEO
The pristine rainforests of Borneo are a treasure-trove of rare and unique species of plants and animals, one of the Earth’s greatest hotspots of biodiversity. In Kinabalu National Park alone there are more than 1,000 species of orchids, and some 300 species of birds. From shoreline mangroves to mountaintop oak forests, Borneo’s varied environments provide habitats for a host of the world’s rarest and most remarkable animals, from clouded leopards to huge monitor lizards. On this journey, we will also visit Turtle Island, one of the most important sea turtle conservation centers in Southeast Asia, and Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center, where orphaned orangutans are taught skills that allow them to successfully re-adapt to the wild.
BORNEO GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Stay in jungle resorts and eco-lodges
- See orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center
- Cruise up remote rivers in search of proboscis monkeys and macaques
- Visit Turtle Island, a preferred spot for mother turtles to lay their eggs
- Experience traditional tribal culture
- Explore unique cave systems, home to millions of nesting swiftlets
- Tour with an expert on Borneo’s flora and fauna