PASSAGE TO INDOCHINA - with Suzanne Noakes
Follow world-class Tour Leader, Suzanne Noakes on an unforgettable journey through old French Indochina—Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. These beautiful countries are culturally linked yet remarkably distinct, offering unsurpassed cultural diversity and natural beauty. On this trip you’ll gain insight into the nuances of these different cultures through the superb interpretation offered by our veteran Tour Leader, a traveler favorite for her innate ability to facilitate meaningful interactions between friendly locals and foreigners.
On this itinerary, you will visit the region’s most important cities such as Luang Prabang, Hanoi, and Saigon, as well as hidden treasures like Hué, Hoi An and Cu Chi. The journey culminates in an exploration of Angkor in Cambodia—on par with the pyramids of Egypt as a testament to the greatness of a continent’s lost empire. Throughout the journey, enjoy fascinating experiences such as a traditional baci welcome ceremony, a cruise in Ha Long Bay aboard a traditional Chinese junk and a visit to an elephant conservation area. Deluxe accommodations are used throughout, allowing you to relax and explore in style.
- Explore alongside world-class Tour Leader, Suzanne Noakes
- Stay in historic, top-of-the-line hotels
- Cruise Ha Long Bay aboard a restored Chinese junk (traditional boat)
- Enjoy a special private Lao welcome ceremony and dance performance
- Witness dawn Buddhist alms offering in Luang Prabang
- Participate in a Vietnamese cooking class and tasting
- Discover traditional ways of life while navigating the Mekong Delta
- Visit the outlying temples and villages near Angkor