Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
SMALL GROUP TRIP TO MUMBAI, TAMIL NADU & KERALA
South India is a region of vast cultural wealth and lush beauty. The indigenous Dravidian culture flourished here for thousands of years, etching its deep traditions into the fabric of life. In colonial times, the British, French, Dutch and Portuguese struggled to control South India’s vast spice wealth, adding an intriguing European veneer atop the ancient local culture. This journey captures the essence of this uniquely beautiful region. Discover South India’s ancient temples and spice and tea plantations.
INDIA GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Discover the lush tea and spice country in the highlands
- Savor gourmet cuisine and home-cooked delicacies
- Experience South India’s untouristed, exuberant Uthralikavu festival
- Visit evocative, ancient Hindu and Buddhist temples
- Stay on a lakeside resort in Kerala surrounded by mango, cashew and coconut trees
- Tour mesmerizing UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Travel with an expert on Indian culture