Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
TREASURES OF INDIA - PUSHKAR CAMEL FAIR
This Small Group Trip to India is our signature offering. Your finger will be firmly on India's spiritual pulse as you survey its most important cultural centers and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Become familiar with the urban centers of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, rich in history and buzzing with life. Then visit the region’s timeless, somnolent villages, little changed by the centuries. Gain deep insight into India’s history, from the Mughal empires through colonialism and into the contemporary age. India's best hotels, including lavish maharajah's palaces, are the jewel in the crown of this India tour—we’re confident their amazing architecture and old-world opulence will be a highlight of your trip.
INDIA GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Watch the sun rise above the mesmerizing Taj Mahal
- Visit the Bisnois people who make their homes in the Thar Desert
- Take a camel-cart ride through remote villages
- Explore palaces and fortresses
- Get a behind-the-scenes interpretation of the Pushkar Camel Fair
- Tour Delhi’s UNESCO sites, Buddhist temples and Hindu shrines
- Travel with an expert on Indian culture