Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
This trip captures the essence of this diverse land in an artful synthesis of cultural and wildlife experiences, born of a deep love for these islands and more than two decades traveling throughout their outer reaches. Cruise along rivers through the lush rainforest habitat. Explore fabled Java, home to the world’s largest Buddhist monument, Borobudur, and Yogyakarta, the island’s vibrant cultural heartland. Walk along terraced rice fields, visit small local villages and meet with eminent artists. Journey through the islands of the Komodo Archipelago, home to Komodo National Park and the formidable Komodo dragon.
INDONESIA SMALL GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- See orangutans up close and in the wild at Camp Leakey
- Explore remote Indonesian islands
- Stay in traditional-style inns and lodges
- Get acquainted with the world’s largest lizard, the Komodo dragon
- Explore remote tribal villages that still practice traditional customs
- Watch a private performance of the spell-binding Balinese kecak dance
- Sightsee in Yogyakarta by horse-drawn cart
- Tour with an expert on Indonesian culture, flora and fauna