Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
On this superb itinerary, we’ll visit Japan’s cities, countryside, temples and art centers,
experience the highlights of Tokyo and Kyoto, watch a geisha dance performance,
access gorgeous temples and gardens, stay in a ryokan (traditional inn) and sample
delicious Japanese cuisine. Join us for an intimate, insightful exploration of unique
and captivating Japan.
JAPAN GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Delight in glorious cherry blossoms (spring) or foliage (fall)
- Overnight in a ryokan, with traditional hot-spring baths
- Attend a local-style Japanese festival (spring only)
- Enjoy a private meeting with Buddhist monk
- Watch a sacred kagura dance in the inner chamber of a Shinto shrine
- Participate in a private tea ceremony
- View Mt. Fuji via gondola
- Explore the Gion district of Kyoto, and see a geisha dance performance