Like an architect creating your one-of-a-kind home, our Asia Travel Experts craft your personalized journey from the ground up. Your preference of destinations, pace, budget, dates, activities and lodging are skillfully arranged, down to the finest detail. Begin planning your custom luxury travel to Asia or the Pacific today!
CALL THE SHOTS
CUSTOM TRIPS TO LAOS
PRIVATE TRAVEL FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS
Custom isn't complicated: in fact over 70% of our clients experience Asia on a Custom Journey. And here's the beauty, a custom trip to Laos departs on dates of your choosing and you travel only in the company of loved ones to destinations entirely up to you. You determine the trip length and focus of your luxury Laos journey. The type of Laos lodging is likewise up to you, as are included meals. All trips are accompanied by expert private local guides and drivers, all for about the price of a group departure (or if you choose, the sky is of course the limit).
To get started, view our Laos sample itinerary below or customize one of our signature Small Group Trips to suit your travel dates.
Your Journey, Your Way
Contact a Laos Travel Expert or call 1-800-642-2742 to begin creating your unique Laos journey.
HERE ARE SOME IDEAS
- Spend a dreamy afternoon traveling by boat from UNESCO-listed Wat Phu Champasak to Khong Island
- Explore remote tribal enclaves of the Hmong, Akha, Yao, Khamu, Lao Huay, Shan, Black Thai and Thai Lu near the Burmese border
- Visit a small Lao Loum/Hmong village on the Mekong River and experience a baci ceremony with the Nai Ban (village chief) in a private house
- Stay overnight in a small village temple overlooking the Mekong River, to experience the peaceful hospitality of the monks
- Visit Phou Khao Khouay National Park with a biologist who specializes in orchids and medicinal plants
- Tour Laos capital Vientiane by bicycle and discover hidden shrines of the city's guardian deities
- At Nam Kading National Park contribute to the management and research of endangered species by setting up your own camera traps at known mineral licks.
- Learn about the Lao silk industry by seeing the mulberry trees and the silk worms, then try your hand at weaving and dying your own piece
- Take a 4-day boat trip on the remote Nam Ou River, visiting Muang Khua to Nong Khiaw, to explore villages and the amazing landscape
ICONIC LAOS |13 DAYS
This is a sketch of what your Custom Journey to Laos might look like. Keep in mind these are merely suggestions. We can create a custom Laos tour package entirely from scratch, based on your available time, interests, budget, and preferred pace.
|Fly to Luang Prabang. Drive to Nong Khiow. Overnight Nong Khiow.|
|Boat up the Ou River to Muang Khua and drive to Muang La. Overnight Muang La.|
|Full day exploration of minority villages and countryside. Overnight Muang La.|
|Drive toward Luang Prabang, stopping at Mekong River to cruise to Pak Ou Caves. Continue to Luang Prabang. Overnight Luang Prabang.|
|City tour and craft villages. Overnight Luang Prabang.|
- 1 of 3
PERSONALIZED TRIP PLANNING
Tell us your vision. We'll pull together a dazzling, totally personalized itinerary that reflects all of your interests. We charge no upfront fees for this outstanding service.
We go beyond just preparing a day-by-day itinerary with watertight logistics. Our personal connections and in-depth knowledge mean the possibilities are endless and the experiences extraordinary. Is avant-garde art your passion? We can get you inside an artists' colony in Beijing, with a contemporary-art museum curator as your guide. Do you dream of seeing tigers in the wild? We can arrange for a private elephant-back safari in search of the Bengal tiger with a biologist from the World Wildlife Fund in China.
THE FINE DETAILS
Custom Journeys also include internal airfare, daily activities and entry fees, ground transportation, private airport transfers and a customized Travel Guide, specific to your journey. We also provide comprehensive Emergency Evacuation and Emergency Medical travel insurance.
PRIVATE LOCAL GUIDES & DRIVERS
You will have your own private, local guide in each destination. Our guides are the best in the region–educated, friendly individuals who offer insights you can only get from a local. Your own private driver is also included for all tours and transfers.
ACCOMMODATIONS & CUISINE
Boutique and often very luxurious accommodations are included in a Custom Journey. From exquisite, restored maharajahs' palaces in China to a nomadic ger camp in Mongolia, we emphasize authentic local style–it's as much a door into a culture as any visit to a museum. Our dining picks likewise reflect our true-to-the-land obsession and appreciation of all things excellent.