Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
PATH OF THE NOMAD
This journey follows in the path of these nomads, venturing across steppe and pastureland in the lush, rolling hills and forests of the north and ending in the arid Gobi Desert in the south. In each ecosystem, these resilient people have learned to adapt to meet the challenges of the environment. Mongolia is one of those rare places to visit that still feels truly wild and remote. Join us in an immersion into this unique culture and landscape, respectful of our role as guests of the hospitable nomadic people.
MONGOLIA GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Get to know the local nomads over traditional Mongolian feasts
- Attend a local Naadam festival, a celebration of rich Mongolian culture
- Ride a camel in the Gobi Desert just as local nomads have for generations
- Explore Mongolia’s varied landscapes: deserts, steppes, forests and mountains
- Marvel at the mysterious ancient megaliths known as the Uushgiin Deer Stones
- Learn about Mongolia's rich paleontological record
- Stay in comfortable, furnished gers (traditional collapsible yurts)
- Tour with an expert on nomadic Mongolian culture