Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
LAND OF THE GOLDEN PAGODA
Travel to Myanmar (Burma) to experience a country that still moves by ox and cart. Meet intriguing tribal peoples who practice little-changed, traditional ways of life. Explore glittering temples filled with candles and incense, where red-robed monks offer prayers to Buddha. Visit the ruins of Bagan, the pagoda-dotted plain that many consider the greatest sight in Asia. This trip captures the essence of the land we know and love so much.
MYANMAR GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Stunning boutique Myanmar hotels in traditional Burmese style
- Attend a traditional Shan State tribal market
- Revel in a classic overnight Irrawaddy cruise on a boutique barge
- See the 16th century ruins in Shan State
- Discover the hidden princely hamlet of Sagar, far off the tourist radar
- Marvel at the graceful Intha leg rowers on Inle Lake
- Explore Bagan's thousands of 1,300-year old ruins
- Tour leadership by an expert on Burmese culture