Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
RABAUL WARWAGIRA FESTIVAL
This Papua New Guinea trip features the incomparable Warwagira and Mask festival, an extravaganza of cultural performances, displays of sacred masks and ritual storytelling. Also enjoy a fabulous two-night stay in a jungle lodge on the banks of the remote Karawari Region, home to many traditional tribes. This journey is an anthropological tour de force without parallel—join us.
PAPUA NEW GUINEA GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Access traditional villages along Karawari’s remote waterways
- Enjoy fantastic birding opportunities amidst wondrous settings
- Meet exotic tribes such as Asaro Mudmen and Huli Wigmen
- Watch the harrowing, traditional fire dances
- Marvel at authentic tribal handicrafts, straight from the source
- Discover wonderful photo opportunities of people, animals and nature
- Tour with an expert on Papua New Guinea’s tribal culture, flora and fauna