Our small group trips are the sort that we like to take--authentic, experiential and immersive. Accompanied by no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert Tour Leader, it is an effortless way to experience in-depth cultural travel.
SPLENDID SRI LANKA
On this definitive journey, delve deep into Sri Lanka’s contrasting landscapes, cultural treasures and national parks teeming with wildlife. Stay at remarkable properties imbued with culturally and environmentally sound philosophy. Join local revelers at the magnificent Kandy Esala Perahera festival, culminating in a procession of Kandyan dancers and drummers in colorful traditional costumes, whip crackers, flag bearers, chieftains in medieval court dress, torch bearers and more than a hundred caparisoned elephants.
SRI LANKA SMALL GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Experience the spectacular Esala Perahera festival alongside locals
- Search for Sri Lanka's elusive leopard and other fauna on 4WD wildlife safaris
- Explore the historic Galle Fort with a fourth-generation local as your guide
- Sip tea and nibble scones at British-tinged hill stations and rolling tea plantations
- Converse with a wildlife biologist who has been studying Sri Lankan primates for decades
- Stay at quintessentially Sri Lankan hotels including one of Geoffrey Bawa's modernist masterpieces
- Tour with an expert on Sri Lankan culture