TURKEY—OUTER EDGE OF ASIA
Turkey houses a vast repository of cultural wealth gleaned from 5,000 years at the crossroads of civilization. The great allure of this transcontinental country is its role as the world’s greatest epicenter of exchange between East and West. It is strewn with classical Greco-Roman ruins (more than in either Greece or Italy), and yet magnificent, turquoise-tiled mosques tell a story that originated on the steppe of Central Asia.
Befitting Turkey’s rich and diverse past, this journey is sweeping in scope. Delve into the exotic mosques and bazaars of Istanbul, then get lost in the underground monasteries of Cappadocia’s sandstone labyrinth. See Roman ruins where Biblical saints penned and preached the Gospels and learn to relax in style along the justifiably named Turquoise Coast. An emblematic Bosphorus cruise and superb lodgings round out this definitive itinerary.
TURKEY GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Stay in lovely, culturally authentic hotels
- Explore the other-worldly rock formations of Cappadocia
- Bargain in the 4,000 shops that make up Istanbul's Grand Covered Bazaar
- Cruise along the Bosphorus Strait that separates Europe and Asia
- Follow in the footsteps of Achilles, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar and St. Paul
- Tour with an expert on Turkey’s rich history and diverse culture