While we continue to readjust to ‘today’, we cannot help but think about what our tomorrow will look like. Our tomorrow means to us, the future. When will things resume, even if in a modified way and where will we go, who will we see and what will we do first?
It may take a while to board that next long haul flight and take off on an adventure of a lifetime, but it doesn’t hurt to dream and plan. For those of you wanting to revisit that amazing adventure you took with us to the Asia Pacific Region or, if you are a first time traveler and want some virtual inspiration, here is ATJ’s iconic trip, with family, friends or solo!
Welcome to Thailand! Upon arrival, you will be met by your private guide and driver and transferred into the city to your hotel.
Patrick’s favorite accommodations in Bangkok are:
- Mandarin Oriental – Bangkok
- Four Seasons Hotel – Bangkok at Phraya River
This morning, meet your private guide and driver for a full day of sightseeing in Bangkok, discovering why Bangkok is known as the "Venice of the East."
- Grand Palace
- Magnificent residence of the Kings of Siam
- Royal chapel of Wat Phra Kaew
- Most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand
- Wat Pho & the Reclining Buddha
- Houses the enshrined ashes of King Rama I
- Culinary walk along the backstreets of Thammasat University
- Local food, beer and fresh smoothies
- Longtail boat tour through the canals of Bangkok
- Khlong Bang Luong
- Local artist community (studios, galleries, cafes)
- Baan Silapin – Artists’ House
This morning, you will be met by your private guide and driver and transferred to the airport for your flight to Chiang Mai.
Upon arrival in Chiang Mai, you will be met and privately transferred to your hotel to settle in.
Culinary and Cultural Experience
Raunkaew-Yanon family home
- Private cooking lesson
- Cultural conversations
- Tour of the family fruit orchard and herb garden
Patrick’s favorite accommodations in Chiang Mai are:
- Anantara – Chiang Mai
- Na Nirand Romantic Boutique Resort
- 137 Pillars House
Meet your guide this morning and begin your private exploration of the “Rose of the North.”
- Thapae Gate, one of the four original city gates
- Take a samlor (trishaw) for your tour today
- Tour of Buddhist Temples
- Wat Phra Singh – Houses Phra Buddha Sihing
- Wat U Mong – Visit with local monks
- Wat Sri Suphan – The Silver Temple
- Wat Prathat Doi Suthep
- Located at the summit of Doi Suthep Mountain
Private food tour by tuk tuk
- Three Kings Monument
- Statue of the three founders of Chiang Mai
- Jaeng Sri Bhume
- Fantastic photo opportunities at one of the four corners of Chiang Mai’s city wall
- Wat Lok Moli
- The perfect model of Lanna Kingdom architecture
- Warorot Market
- The biggest local market in Chiang Mai where you will be able to sample foods, both ordinary and extraordinary
- Tuk tuk ride down Chang Klan Road
- Ride through the business district and night bazaar
This morning, you'll be driven to the Patara Elephant Camp for a unique and hands-on experience. Thailand is truly "the land of the elephant" with nearly 5,000 wild and domesticated elephants throughout the country.
Patara Elephant Camp
- Learn about elephant farm management and elephant breeding programs
- Get acquainted with your elephant partner and learn how to read their behaviors
- Feed your giant, gentle friends and take them for a walk
- Learn the important role elephants play in Buddhism
- Have a picnic lunch at a waterfall
- Help bathe and feed your elephant before saying goodbye
Today is free to relax or explore on your own. This afternoon you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Luang Prabang, Laos.
Upon arrival in Luang Prabang, you will be transferred to your hotel for some time to check in and relax.
- Enjoy a bicycle ride in the countryside
Patrick’s favorite accommodations in Luang Prabang are:
- Sofitel Luang Prabang
- Rosewood Luang Prabang
- Satri House
The bells of the town's monasteries toll at dawn when long, golden lines of monks emerge to receive their morning rice from the townspeople. If you rise early, you will have the opportunity to witness this moving scene typical of old Laos—long lines of barefooted monks weaving through the streets on their alms rounds.
- Wake up early to watch the monks receive their alms
- Visit the morning market before returning to your hotel for breakfast
- Explore Luang Prabang by bicycle
- Have a quick stop at a fruit and vegetable market
- Wat Visoun – the oldest temple in Luang Prabang
- Wat Mai – the largest temple in Luang Prabang
- Wat Xieng Thong – monument to the spirit of religion, royalty and traditional art
- Explore Phousi Hill – wonderful views of the Mekong Riverand mountains beyond
- Take a scenic countryside drive to the Pak Ou Caves
- Take a boat to cross the river to reach the caves
- Over 3,000 Buddha images come to life along the inside of the caves
- Return to Luang Prabang via boat along the Mekong River
- Enjoy snacks aboard your boat
- Stop at the silk-weaving village of Ban Xang Khong
Following breakfast at the hotel, reconvene with your private guide and travel outside the city to explore the surrounding villages.
- Ban Long Lao
- Khamu village and nearby Hmong village
- Hike to the top of Kuang Si Waterfall for a picnic lunch
- Visit the Asian Moon & Sun Bear Conservation Center
- Attend a traditional baci ceremony at a nearby village