ATJ Foundation Projects in Cambodia
As a developing country, Cambodia does not have the means to ensure basic education for everyone, especially in rural areas. This lack of access to early education places children from the least developed villages at an additional disadvantage.
Khmer Akphiwat Khmer Organization (KAKO), is active in non-formal education and community development projects in the province of Siem Reap Cambodia. Philanthropy Connections found sponsors who enabled them to fund the three preschools. In 2017, KAKO began support for another preschool and approached Philanthropy Connections for additional funding, bringing the total up to four preschools: Lvea, Takam, Kouk Srama and Kouk Thmei Preschools.
Now, the ATJ Foundation is committed to helping this effort, by raising awareness and donations in the US, to go directly to the preschools, and in partnership with Philanthropy Connections.
- An introduction to the project by the BNSCLC team.
- Teach English to the students.
- Enjoy local snacks with the children.
- Sing songs in English and Khmer.
- Learn about the classroom and curriculum.
- Enjoy talking with the students and children.
Please join us by making a contribution to the ATJ Foundation in support of this effort. Collectively, we can make an impact.
about the foundation
The ATJ Foundation invests in a variety of carefully selected relief work initiatives that support grassroots assistance in Asia and the Pacific to very specific projects to aid in health, safety and rebuilding on the heels of natural disasters and unexpected adversities. We invite our travelers and our staff to become involved in strengthening our personal connection with the communities that have always been at the heart of our efforts.
Some of the work the ATJ Foundation has contributed to are:
MYANMAR RELIEF FOR LEGAL AID AND HUMANITARIAN NEEDS 2021
HAVE YOU HERD? Elephant Rescue and Awareness Campaign 2020-2021
PURKHAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (INDIA) 2020
SRI LANKA FLOODING 2017
NEPAL EARTHQUAKE 2015
CLEAN WATER INITIATIVE/MYANMAR 2002-2014
CYCLONE NARGIS/MYANMAR 2008
TSUNAMI RELIEF 2004
And locally, as a result of COVID-19:
COLORADO NO KID HUNGRY 2020
SOPHIE’S NEIGHBORHOOD 2020
RESTAURANT WORKER’S RELIEF FUND 2020
- ATJ and our overseas partners personally vet all initiatives
- 100% of your donation goes directly to the ATJ Foundation
- ATJ wire transfers go directly to our partners, no red-tape
- All administrative and any associated costs are donated by ATJ
- The ATJ Foundation is a 501c (3) non-profit – all donations are tax-deductible.
If you wish to send us a check, you can mail it to:
1855 S 57th Ct.
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
Our tax id is #84-1451040